TQA Industry Quality Standards for 2-Months Training
1) Good to catch
2) Stand to saddle and accept bridle
3) Stand to get on (For an inexperienced rider)
4) Lope in a straight line away from the barn
5) Walk, trot and lope a circle both direction
6) Stop at a walk, trot and lope by asking with both reins.
7) Pivot around an inside front foot (disengage hindquarters)
8) Use hindquarters to pull horse in reverse motion (stopping & backing)
9) Front feet and hind feet move together in a lateral motion (side pass/ two track)
10) Stop the inside hind foot and walk/pull the other feet forward around it. (roll back/ spin).
11) Vertical flexion
12) Pickup feet
13) Load in trailer
14) Stand quiet tied up
15) Foundation applied to jobs (catered to discipline): What will the owner do with them?
– Open/ close gate, except rope/ tarp, track cow/roping dummy, cut flag, go over jump, cross
water/ bridge, exposed to starting gate/track, crack whip, ext. ext.